Home Come Visit The Greatest Orthopedic Center Burlington WA Has Ever Seen
Come Visit The Greatest Orthopedic Center Burlington WA Has Ever Seen
Performance Physical Therapy has assisted in the healing process for physical therapy patients since 1991. Located in Whatcom County, Washington; Performance Physical Therapy (PPT) provides therapy in areas ranging from Ergonomics to Sports, even Women’s Health. One of the many active therapies includes Orthopedics. Orthopedics is the diagnosis, management and treatment of injuries of the musculoskeletal system including rehab from orthopedic surgery. Over the years, PPT has become the greatest Orthopedic Center Burlington WA has had the pleasure to provide their residents.
13 Interesting Orthopedic Facts:
- For every pound of weight you gain, it adds 3 pounds of stress to your knees and for your hips, each pound multiplies the pressure on your joints times six.
- When you’re on the move, your body puts 3 times the weight into pressure on your hips and knees.
- Knees provide the most common injuries in the body due to sports. People with knee injuries have a 6 time greater risk of osteoarthritis.
- Arthritis is the leading disability in american adults.
- 46 million americans have arthritis or an arthritis disability, and 33 million have osteoarthritis.
- Approximately 500 thousand knee replacements are performed each year.
- 64% of knee replacements are done in women.
- For osteoarthritis patients, 69% are in so much pain they are unable to perform daily chores, and 89% cannot perform sports or exercise.
- If a person gets knee replacement surgery, they can set off a metal detector.
- When a bone is broken, it will literally regenerate bone to repair itself.
- When there is a deformity in the bone, a surgeon is able to crush the bone and reshape it, causing the regenerative process to form in the new shape, thus correcting the deformity.
- Another common orthopedic problem are torn rotator cuffs. This is mostly caused by tissue degeneration. The area has worn out to the point that it will not regenerate itself.
- Just because a rotator cuff is torn does not mean you have to fix it. There are many people who don’t feel pain with a torn rotator cuff, but have an MRI and have it fixed because of the MRI results. If there is no pain, don’t fix it. It may be fine and cause you no trouble for the rest of your life. If surgery is performed, there will be longstanding issues after that, when it’s not needed.
For more information on orthopedic therapy, please contact Performance Physical Therapy at (360)733-4008. You will be treated by the greatest orthopedic center Burlington WA offers!
Greatest Orthopedic Center Burlington WA | Burlington WA Greatest Orthopedic Center
Interested in scheduling an appointment?
We would love to talk to you!