Home Getting Started
The paper work…
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you. To prepare for your initial physical therapy evaluation, we ask that you take the following steps:
- Call your insurance company to verify your outpatient physical therapy benefits.
- Most insurances require a PT order from your physician…so be sure to bring that with you for your first appointment
- Bring your insurance card and photo ID
- Fill out and bring with you the patient registration form for the area of your body which we’ll be treating:
We are preferred providers for most and accept many major insurance plans, (Regence, Premera, Group Health, Medicare, Labor & Industries, etc.) however, it is important to contact your insurance company to verify your individual physical therapy benefits.
What to wear, what to wear…
Wear loose fitting clothes. You’re welcome to bring a pair of gym shorts or a tank top which helps us visualize & palpate the parts that hurt. If you forget, no big deal – we have some here to loan you.
What to expect on that first visit…
- Please arrive 15 min before your appointment.
- You will be greeted by our helpful front desk staff who may verify some of your information.
- Next, you will be interviewed by a physical therapist to review your medical history and symptoms.
- What types of symptoms are you experiencing?
- What aggravates and eases these symptoms?
- How long have you been having these symptoms?
- How did your symptoms start?
- Have you ever had physical therapy or other treatments before? If so, what was the result?
- You will next undergo a physical exam, where your physical therapist will look at your strength, mobility and flexibility to help determine the possible origins of your condition.
- Lastly, your physical therapist will assess your condition and explain how they will treat it. You will collaborate on goals that you will achieve during your course of therapy. We welcome questions at this point and our physical therapists are happy to provide you with details you may want to know.
- Treatment normally begins on the same day as your initial evaluation.
- If appropriate, a tailored home exercise program will be given. It is essential to your quick recovery to adhere to this program.
- The last step is to check out and schedule a follow-up appointment. All co-pays are due when services are rendered.