For New Patients
** Note: If you have a referral for Physical Therapy, any imaging results like X-Ray, CT, MRI or lab work related to your problem, please bring them on the first day.
- If it is your FIRST appointment, please arrive 10 minutes early to fill up the necessary paperwork, etc. It will expedite the process and will give you the most value for your visit with your therapist. Your first visit will be focused on the evaluation of your issue as well as some form of treatment related to your condition. Your therapist may provide you with certain exercises or regimen that you can do at home.
- Expect your visit to be at least 40-45 minutes depending on the paperwork and treatment time.
- During your first visit, please come in loose comfortable clothing that could easily expose the part you wish examined. If you are being treated for a spine or shoulder problem, please wear a tank top or camisole type top with thin straps is recommended to expose the upper back and shoulder blades. If you are being treated for a low back, hip, knee or ankle problem sweatpants, yoga pants, or shorts are recommended for assessment of hip mobility.
- The number of times a patient will come back for a follow up varies from patient to patient and will be determined at the time of the initial visit or at the request of your physician in accordance to the evaluation of your therapist.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Unparalleled quality care. Your examination and treatment will be one-on-one with a highly qualified clinician who will help find the root cause of the problem, discuss your goals and lay down a treatment plan for you.
- Comprehensive Evaluation and Treatment. Your treating therapist is trained in specialized manual therapy and exercise medicine to help you manage your pain, provide you with a plan on how to get back to your sport/activity, and improve your quality of life by empowering you with the right tools for success.
- Evidence-Based Approach. We believe in utilizing the latest and most updated skills / techniques available to date to enhance your healing process quickly.
- A compassionate healing environment. Please visit us and you will see for yourself